This is the first project like this that I have done. I’ve always been terrified of cutting up clothes and putting them back together again for fear that they would not be wearable at all. I’m glad that this one went well, because I have another 2 projects like this in the pipelines!
I bought these shorts online because I love the buttons, and weirdly th colour. But when the arrived they we high-waisted (not a fan of this in pants) and I had to squeeze into them. I was just to lazy to take them back to the shop. So they weren’t getting much wear. I also managed to pick up the stunning floral blouse from the hospice shop for R5! I did wonder why it had been donated in the first place because I love the fabric, until after I had worn it to work twice. That’s when I noticed the huge blood stain…. Clearly someone had had a bit of a nose bleed onto the shirt. Luckily there were parts of it that I could save to do this with. I still have some pieces which may end up in a quilt or throw cushion covers or something.
So I literally just cut the shorts down it’s sides and cut strips out of the blouse. I then ironed this to some interfacing to make it a bit thicker, sewed it all up, and added the lace trim this morning before work.
I officially have a custom pair of shorts that cost me less than R100 :).