These two dresses were officially in my donate-to-hospice clothing pile. The green one (the beach dress) was just way too short and the purple one was one of our res dresses that a group of us decided looked better a bit shorter than it was, even if it had a jagged cut edge. So I was ready to get rid of them. Until I decided to try crocheting edges onto them.
Now, my crochet still needs load of practice, but I am rather impressed with myself with how this turned out. I just did a looped stitch with a darning needle through the fabric rather than a chain row, and used that for the base of my designs. The patterns themselves I found on Pinterest. A very quick and satisfying project, if I do say so myself!